- The 16th Asia media summit has started in Cambodia.The summit has deliberated on many issues pertaining to the media and broadcasting industry.
- The summit was held under the topic Media Digitization Focusing on Developing Markets.The summit called for regulation-making to fight against fake news and cyber-crimes.
- The summit was organized by the Cambodian Ministry of Information in collaboration with the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development(AIBD).
- An information ministerial meeting held on the sidelines of the summit has agreed to launch Angkor Fake News Initiative.It a year-long research project to find out appropriate measures to counter fake news.
- Asia Media Summit is the annual conference organized by Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) in collaboration with its partners and international organizations.
- Asia Media Summit provides a unique opportunity for broadcasters in the region to share their thoughts on Broadcasting and Information and is supported by all regional and International Broadcasting Unions and Associations.
- The Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) was established in 1977 under the auspices of UNESCO. It is hosted by the Government of Malaysia and the secretariat is located in Kuala Lumpur.
6 min read