- According to the report of the Statistics and Programme Implementation Ministry (MOSPI),Indian Railways accounts for nearly three-fifths of the 344 central sector projects that are facing huge cost overrun due to delay in implementation.
- Cost overrun means spending more money on a project than that was planned in the budget or the actual extra amount that is spent.
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation(MOSPI) monitors central sector projects involving an expenditure of ₹150 crore and above.
- After the railways,the power sector reported the second highest incidence of overall cost overrun.Of the 95 projects monitored by the ministry in the power sector,40 projects reported cost overrun.
- Further,the third largest cost escalation was recorded in the road transport and highways sector where out of the 605 monitored projects, as many as 49 reported cost overrun.
Please follow and like us: