News:The 27th Conference of Central and State Statistical Organizations (COCSSO) was inaugurated at Kolkata,West Bengal.
About the Conference:
- The Conference of Central and State Statistical Organisations (COCSSO) was organized for the first time in the year 1971.
- It is organized by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India.
- The theme for the 2019 conference is “Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”.
- The conference is a major national forum for coordination between the Central and State Statistical Agencies with the objectives of putting in coordinated efforts for making available reliable and timely statistics to planners and policy makers.
Objectives of the conference:
- To provide a platform for discussion on the statistical issues of common interest to the Central and the State Statistical Organisations
- To provide an overall perspective to the development of statistical system and to make recommendations/suggestions on issues having bearing on the development of the statistical system
- To set up Working Groups on specific issues/tasks relating to official statistics
- To provide guidelines in the collection of statistics and maintenance of statistical standards and quality, besides uniformity in statistical standards among others.