- The 2019 India Myanmar coordinated patrol(IMCOR) has started from May 20,2019 at Port Blair,Andaman and Nicobar.
- This exercise aims to address (a)issues of terrorism (b)illegal fishing (c)drug trafficking (d)human trafficking (e)poaching and (f)other illegal activities inimical to the interests of both the countries.
- This coordinated patrol exercise was started in 2013.It has helped in enhancing the mutual understanding between the two countries and has also helped in improving professional interaction between the two navies for maritime interoperability.
- In this exercise,Myanmar ships UMS King TabinShweHti and UMS Inlay would undertake a coordinated patrol with Indian Naval Ship Saryu.The patrolling effort will be augmented by Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both navies.
- Further,the ships would also patrol along the International Maritime Boundary Line(IMBL) between the two countries covering a distance of approximately 725 kms.
5 min read