- Aadi Mahotsav or National Tribal Festival will be organised in Ladakh.
- The festival is a joint initiative of Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India(TRIFED).
- The theme of the festival is “A celebration of the spirit of Tribal Craft, Culture and Commerce”.
- The objective of the festival is to celebrate, cherish and promote the spirit of tribal craft, culture, cuisine and commerce.
- The Mahotsav will comprise display and sale of items of tribal art and craft, tribal medicine & healers, tribal cuisine in which tribal artisans from different States of the country shall participate and provide a glimpse of their rich traditional culture.
- The event will have two reputed local cultural troupes presenting Ladakhi folk dances namely (a)Jabro Dance which is a nomadic dance and song of people inhabiting eastern Ladakh and (b)Spawo dance which is a heroic song and dance associated with a legendary hero of Himalayan region called K’sar.
- The TRIFED was established in 1987.It is a national-level apex organization functioning under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- The objective of TRIFED is socio-economic development of tribal people in the country by way of marketing development of the tribal products. It acts as a facilitator and service provider.
2 min read