- Indian cybercrime officials has said that the Agent Smith malware is targeted at Indians. Indians constitute the highest number of victims so far.
- According to a report by Checkpoint, a private cyber security firm, Agent Smith is believed to have infected over 25 million devices so far.
- The Agent Smith malware can replace apps on android phones with malicious versions without the user’s knowledge.
- Malware which means malicious software refers to any kind of software that is designed to cause damage to a single computer, server or computer network
- It is an umbrella term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive malicious software including computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, and ransomware among others.
1 min read