- The Union Cabinet has approved the introduction of the Dentists (Amendment) Bill, 2019.The Bill amends the Dentists Act,1948.
- The amendment says that the representation of Central government members and elected members would no longer be made mandatory in dental councils and this process will reduce redundancy.
- The Dental Council of India was incorporated under The Dentists Act, 1948 to regulate dental education and the profession throughout India.It is financed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and through the local state dental councils.
- The Union Cabinet has also approved the draft Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- The Bill seeks to extend the period for reconstitution of the Central Council from one year to two years so that the tenure of the Board of Governors may be extended for a further period of one year.
- This will help the Board of Governors in exercising the powers and performing the functions of the Council.The affairs of the Central Homoeopathy Council have been entrusted to a Board of Governors consisting of eminent and qualified Homoeopathy Doctors and eminent administrators till the time the council is reconstituted.
6 min read