News:An international conference ANGAN (Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat) focussed on Energy Efficiency in the building sector has started.
About the conference:
- The Conference is organised by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, Government of India in collaboration with GIZ under the Indo German Technical Cooperation.
- The conference will be attended by experts from 16 countries who will discuss various options and technologies for energy efficient buildings
- It will provide a platform to deliberate on (a)interdependence between organizations (b)systemic sustainability and (c)feedback loops for better resource efficiency.
- The BEE is a statutory body under the Ministry of Power,Government of India.
- It was set up under the provisions of Energy Conservation Act,2001.
- Its mission is to assist in developing policies with the primary objective of reducing energy intensity of the Indian Economy.
- BEE coordinates with designated consumers, designated agencies and other organizations.It recognizes, identify and utilize the existing resources and infrastructure in performing the functions assigned to it under the Energy Conservation Act.