- Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) in association with North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation(NERAMAC) has organised the International Buyers-Sellers Meet in Imphal,Manipur.
- APEDA chairman said that India’s total agricultural product exports is valued at 38 billion USD for the financial year 2017-18 out of which 50% is contributed through APEDA’s products.
- APEDA was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act passed by the Parliament in 1985.APEDA has replaced the Processed Food Export Promotion Council (PFEPC).
- APEDA comes under the Ministry of Commerce and Industries.APEDA is mandated with the responsibility of promotion and development of the export of agricultural and its allied products.
- APEDA provides support to exporters to set up infrastructure like pack houses and cold storages.APEDA also helps exporters to exhibit their products in several national and international expos and exhibitions.
6 min read