News:Assam Government has announced the launch of ‘Arundhati Swarna Yojana’.
About Arundhati Swarna scheme:
- The scheme is aimed to strengthen women empowerment and reduce child marriage.
- Under this scheme,state government will give each beneficiary bride fixed amount to buy 10 grams(one tola) of gold during her marriage if the marriage is registered.
- The state government will not give the gold directly to beneficiary bride but will provide Rs.30,000 to purchase 10 gms of gold.The scheme will commence from January 1,2020.
Eligibility for the scheme:
- The annual income of the bride’s family must be less than Rs. 5 lakh.
- Minimum age should be 18 years and 21 years for the bride and bridegroom respectively.
- Bride should have minimum education of 10th standard. However, this requirement of minimum educational qualification criteria is not required for tribes and workers of tea gardens.
- Family has to register their marriage under the Special Marriage (Assam) Rules, 1954.