- Kerala chief Minister has said that the state government had issued prohibitory orders in Sabarimala as per the directives of the Central government.
- The Centre had instructed the state government to clamp appropriate prohibitory orders. It had further directed to carefully observe dissemination of adverse information through social media for ensuring that no breach of law and order takes place.
- The Sabarimala temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ayyappa. It is situated on a hilltop named Sabarimala in Pathanamthitta district, Kerala.
- In 2018, the Supreme Court ruled that women, irrespective of age, can enter Kerala’s Sabarimala temple. Previously, girls and women in the 10-50 age group were prohibited from entering the Sabarimala temple.
- The Supreme Court judgement had led to widespread unrest and protests. In January 2019, two women in the 10-50 age group had entered the temple amidst protests.
1 min read