News:The International Institute of Strategic Studies(IISS) has released its report on Defence Spending titled “Military Balance”.
Key takeaways from the report:
- The global spending on defence has increased by 4% in 2019.This is the largest growth in the last 10 years.
- The United States, China, Saudi Arabia, Russia and India retained their positions as the world’s top five defence spenders in 2019.
- International Institute for Strategic Studies(IISS) is a British Research Institute that was established in 1997.
- It provides objective information on military, geopolitical and geo-economic developments that could lead to conflict.
- The IISS was ranked the 10th best institute in the Global Go To Think Tank Index.