- The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO)’s Technical Liaison Unit(ITLU) in Moscow, Russia.
- The establishment of this unit will help ISRO to collaborate with Space agencies/industries in Russia and neighbouring countries for mutually synergistic outcomes.
- Further,this unit will also help in ISRO’s Gaganyaan programme which requires development of some of the key technologies and establishment of specialized facilities which are essential to support life in space
- The ITLU Moscow office would be managed by an ISRO Scientist designated as “Counsellor (Space)” on deputation who will be deputed from ISRO.These representatives will provide India with all the information on development taking place in research and technology.
- However,the establishment of ITLU is not one of its kind.ISRO already has its ITLU units active in Washington,USA and Paris,France.The main agenda of these establishments is to collaborate with various government and space agencies in the USA and Europe.
2 min read