News:Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions has launched the Centralized Public Grievances Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) reforms in the Department of Posts.
- Centralized Public Grievances Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) is a web based application that facilitates ministries or departments to receive, forward and monitor grievances.
- The system was developed by National Informatics Centre in association with Directorate of Public Grievances(DPG) and Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances(DARPG).
- The system provides online access to all citizens including those in Armed Forces personnel to report their grievances.
- It also allows the ministries to monitor the grievances and ensure their time-bound redressal.
- Public Grievances Call Centre has also been set up for reminding the Ministries and Departments concerned receiving bulk of the grievances for expediting action on grievances pending on CPGRAMS for more than two months.
About National Informatics Centre(NIC):
- The National Informatics Centre (NIC) is an institute set up by the Indian government in 1976 to drive its technology and e-governance initiatives in the country.
- The institute is part of the Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology’s Department of Electronics & Information Technology.
- NIC has the mandate to set up, implement and support all the information technology led-programs of the central and state governments and other government organizations in India.