- Union Health Minister has urged Delhi, Odisha, Telangana and West Bengal to join Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- The Minister said that by joining Ayushman Bharat states would gain (a)resources (b)national portability (c)state-of-the-art technological platforms (d)implementation systems and (e)world-class analytics systems at no additional cost.
- They will also benefit from a well-proven fraud monitoring and control system and exchange of key learning and best practices of other states towards equitable healthcare.
- Ayushman Bharat or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PMJAY) is the National Health Protection Scheme which targets to cover over 10 crore poor vulnerable families (around 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage of up to ₹5 lakh (per family per year) for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.The benefit cover includes pre and post hospitalisation expenses.
- PMJAY has subsumed the on-going centrally sponsored schemes –Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).It is an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the Socio Economic Caste Census database.
5 min read