- According to the recently released BP Statistical Review of World Energy, Global carbon emissions grew by 2%, the highest since 2010-2011. The report has termed the trend unsustainable.
- The BP report has found that while the use of renewable forms of energy grew by 14.5% in 2018, it still accounted for just a third of the total rise in power generation in 2018.
- The United States recorded the largest-ever annual production increases by any country for both oil and natural gas with the vast majority of increase coming from onshore shale.
- The report has highlighted that there is a growing mismatch between societal demands for action on climate change and the actual pace of progress. This can be understood from energy demand and carbon emissions growing at fastest rates for years.
- BP plc. is a British multinational oil and gas company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. The BP Statistical Review of World Energy is viewed as an energy industry standard.
5 min read