Deadly Japanese Fungi found in Australia

1 min read

News:One of the world’s most deadly fungi called Poison fire Coral has been identified growing in Australia for the first time.

Facts:

About Poison fire Coral:

  • Poison fire coral which has a red appearance is a native of Japan and Korea.
  • The fungus species is the only known fungus that is poisonous to touch. It produces at least eight toxic compounds that can be absorbed through the skin.
  • The ingestion of the virus can prove fatal and there are several recorded deaths in Japan and Korea
  • Even touching the fungus can also cause inflammation and dermatitis. Further,If eaten,the fungus can cause organ failure and brain damage.