- According to Infosys Co-founder and architect of Aadhaar,Digital infrastructure would play a major role in reviving the Indian economy.
- He has said that data was becoming central to the people and there would be a big change once data became the basis for decision-making in many sectors.
- Further,he said that the country has witnessed digital transformation with the help of Aadhaar and online payments which has made the life simpler for people.He also added that India’s digital data architecture will set the tone for business revival.
- The Aadhaar number is a verifiable twelve-digit unique identity number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to the residents of India.It is linked with the resident’s demographic and biometric information.
- The Aadhaar project was conceptualised in the year 2006 and launched in the year 2009 with the creation of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act,2016 provides legislative backing to the project.
Please follow and like us: