News:Union Minister of Women and Child Development has informed Lok Sabha about the funds disbursed under Rashtriya Mahila Kosh.
About Rashtriya Mahila Kosh(RMK):
- Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK) is a society registered under the Societies Registration Act,1860.
- It was established in 1993 as an autonomous body under the aegis of the Ministry of Women and Child Development for socio-economic empowerment of Women.
- The vision of the programme is to be a financial service and capacity enhancement institution for social and economic empowerment of poor and marginalized women.
- The Kosh seeks to enable women to achieve economic independence. It also strive to go beyond credit delivery and provide services for integrated development centred around the needs of poor women.
- Under the programme,RMK acts a facilitating agency wherein it provides loans to Intermediary Micro-financing Organizations(IMO) which on-lend to Self Help Groups(SHGs) and /or individual women.
Aims and Objectives of the programme:
- Socio-economic empowerment through multi-pronged effort
- Providing micro-credit facilities.
- To promote and support schemes for improvement of facilities for credit for women
- To demonstrate participatory approaches in the organization of women’s groups for effective utilization of credit resources leading to self-reliance
- To sensitize existing government delivery mechanisms and increase the visibility of poor women
- To promote and support the expansion of entrepreneurship skills among women among others.