News:Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) has launched the website and mobile application L2Pro India on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs).
- L2 Pro stands for Learn to Protect, Secure and Maximize Your Innovation.
- The website and app have been developed by Cell for IPR Promotion and Management(CIPAM) in collaboration with Qualcomm and National Law University (NLU),Delhi.
- The e-learning platform will enable youth, innovators, entrepreneurs and small and medium industries(SMEs) in understanding IPRs for their ownership and protection, integrate IP into business models and obtain value for their R&D efforts.
- Intellectual Property rights(IPR) provide certain exclusive rights to the inventors or creators of that property in order to enable them to reap commercial benefits from their creative efforts or reputation.
- There are several types of intellectual property protection such as patent, copyright, trademarks among others.
- The main social purpose of protection of copyright and related rights is to encourage and reward creative work.
- Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) has been created as a professional body under DPIIT to take forward the implementation of the National IPR Policy with the slogan Creative India; Innovative India.
- CIPAM works towards creating public awareness about IPRs in the country, promoting the filing of IPRs through facilitation, providing inventors with a platform to commercialize their IP assets among others.