- Union Health Minister has released the National Digital Health Blueprint (NDHB).
- The vision of NDHB is to create a National Digital Health ecosystem that supports Universal Health Coverage(UHC).
- NDHB focuses on providing an efficient and affordable health coverage through a wide-range of data and infrastructure services using open digital systems that will ensure security and privacy of personal information.
- NDHB has suggested setting up of a National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) to manage enormous amounts of health data generated by Ayushman Bharat and other health schemes.
- The NDHM would provide technology to manage and analyse data and create a system of personal health records and health applications. Further,central to the ecosystem would be a Personal Health Identifier (PHI) to maintain a Personal Health Record (PHR).
- The PHI would contain the names of patients and those of their immediate family, date of birth, gender, mobile number, email address, location, family ID and photograph.
- It has also suggested a Command,Control and Communication Center (CCCC) as a single point of contact in public health emergencies.It has also recommended to use Aadhaar-based identification of patients for maintaining health records.
2 min read