News:Union minister for Civil Aviation has addressed the Drone Innovators Network Summit-2019.
About the Drone Network Summit:
- The Drone Innovators Network Summit-2019 is being held in New Delhi.
- It is organised by the World Economic Forum under the aegis of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Drones Innovators Network:
- Drone Innovators Network(DIN) was formed in 2018 at the World Economic Forum in Davos,Switzerland.
- It is a community of progressive governments, supported by industry and other key stakeholders who are accelerating the adoption of drones with progressive regulatory approaches.
- The Drone Innovators Network held its inaugural summit in Zurich, Switzerland.
Drone regulations in India:
- Drones or unmanned aerial vehicle(UAV) are unmanned aircraft piloted from a remote pilot station.
- In 2018,the Director General of Civil Aviation has announced the policy delineating what classifies as remotely piloted aircraft.It also outlined how they can be flown and the restrictions they will operate under.
- It stated that drones can be operated by someone who is over 18 years of age.He/she should have cleared the Class X examination in English and should have undergone DGCA ground and practical training.
- The DGCA has clarified that no remote pilot can operate more than one drone at any time.
- Drones cannot be flown within 5 km of the perimeters of airports in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad and within 3 km from the perimeter of any other airport.