- The Election Commission of India (ECI) have launched the Observer App,a mobile application.The election observers can submit the relevant document and material to election commission directly through this mobile app.
- The poll observers will also get all the important notifications and alerts through this app.It will also help them get their deployment status, download the ID card and update their profile.
- Election Commission of India had also launched a mobile application ‘Cvigil’.The app has allowed citizens to report on violation of Model code of conduct.It is operational only where elections are announced.
- Election observers will also be able to see all the complaints by citizens through Cvigil and take action in real time in their area of jurisdiction.
- The election observers are drawn from various central services like the Indian Administrative Service,Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Revenue Service apart from others.They are taken on special ‘Election Commission duty’ till the elections process ends.
- The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering election processes in India.The body administers elections to the Lok Sabha and state Legislative Assemblies in India, and the offices of the President and Vice President in the country.The Election Commission operates under the authority of Constitution as per Article 324,and subsequently enacted Representation of the People Act.
2 min read