News:The most advanced Electronic Interlocking System has been installed on the Grand Chord route by the Indian Railways.
About Electronic Interlocking system:
- This new Electronic system has replaced the outdated Mechanical Signalling System at Tundla Junction in UP on the route.
- The objective of installing the system is to help Indian Railways speed up trains and achieve the objective of reducing the travel time.
- The new system will reduce the time between Delhi and Howrah to about 12 hours from the existing 17 to 19 hours.
About Grand Chord route:
- Grand Chord is part of Howrah-Gaya-Delhi line and Howrah Allahabad Mumbai line.
- It acts as a link between Sitarampur in West Bengal and Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction in Uttar Pradesh(UP).
- A lot of important trains pass through this route which connects national capital with eastern region of the country.