News:Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN-219 between India and Japan will be conducted at Vairengte,Mizoram.
About the exercise:
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN is an annual joint military exercise between Indian and Japan since 2018.
- The exercise aims to share experience gained during various Counter Terrorism Operations in respective Countries.
- The exercise also covers platoon level joint training on counter terrorism operations in jungle and urban scenario.
- The exercise with Japan is crucial and significant in terms of security challenges faced by both the nations in the backdrop of global terrorism.
Other exercises between India and Japan:
- JIMEX- It is a bilateral maritime exercise between India and Japan.
- Exercise Malabar– It is a trilateral naval exercise involving the United States, Japan and India as permanent partners.
- Sahayog-Kaijin – It is a joint bilateral exercise between Indian Coast Guard and the Japan Coast Guard.