News:The 14th edition of India – Mongolia joint military training named Exercise Nomadic Elephant-XIV will commence from 5th Oct 2019.
About the exercise:
- Exercise Nomadic Elephant is a joint military exercise between India and Mongolia.
- The exercise will be conducted from at Bakloh,Himachal Pradesh.
- The exercise is aimed at training troops in counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations under United Nations mandate.
- The exercise will enhance defence cooperation and military relations between the two nations.
- The Mongolian Army is being represented by officers and troops of the elite 084 Airborne Special Task Battalion.
- On the other hand,Indian Army is being represented by a contingent of a battalion of Rajputana Rifles.
About Rajputana Rifles:
- The Rajputana Rifles is the oldest rifle regiment and one of the senior-most regiment of the Indian Army.
- It was originally raised in 1921 as part of the British Indian Army.
- Since independence,the regiment has been involved in a number of conflicts against Pakistan.
- It has also contributed to the Custodian Force (India) in Korea under the aegis of the United Nations in 1953-54 and the UN Mission to the Congo in 1962.