News:Indian and French armies will conduct joint counter-terrorism drills under ‘Exercise Shakti-2019’ in the Mahajan field firing range in Rajasthan.
About the exercise:
- The Exercise SHAKTI is conducted between India and France.It was first conducted in the year 2011.
- The exercise is a biennial exercise and is conducted alternately in India and France.
- The exercise aims at enhancing understanding, cooperation and interoperability between the two Armies.
- The joint exercise will focus on Counter Terrorism operations in backdrop of semi-desert terrain under United Nations Mandate.
- Exercise Varuna:It is an annual naval exercise between India and France.It was initiated in 1983 and was named as Varuna in 2001.
- Exercise Garuda:It is a bilateral exercise between Indian and French Air Force.The first edition of the exercise was held in 2003.