News:The 10th edition of the joint military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’ between India and the US will be held at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Seattle from October 13-28,2019.
About the exercise:
- Vajra Prahar is a Special Forces joint military training exercise conducted alternately in India and the US since 2010.
- The exercise enables sharing of best practices and experience in areas such as joint mission planning capabilities and operational tactics.
About Special forces:
- The Special Forces of India refer to those Special forces units which are specifically organised, trained, and equipped to conduct and support special operations.
- The three branches of the Indian Armed Forces have separate special forces units namely (a)Para SF of Indian Army (b)MARCOS of Indian Navy and (c)Garud Commando Force of Indian Air Force.
Other exercises between India and US:
- Yudh Abhyas- It is a joint military exercise between India and the US.
- Exercise Malabar– It is a trilateral naval exercise involving the United States, Japan and India as permanent partners.
- Tiger Triumph- It is a tri-service military exercise between India and the US.