- Recently,various exit polls have predicted that the Party in power is all set to return to power in 2019.
- Exit poll is a post-voting poll which is conducted just after a voter walks out after casting his or her vote.Such polls aim at predicting the actual result on the basis of the information collected from the voters.
- Section 126A of the Representation of the People’s Act, 1951 puts a ban on exit polls from the period between the commencement of the poll until half an hour after the closing of the final phase of the poll.
- Exit polls are conducted by numerous organisations which use different methods for the purpose.One of the most common methods of counting is sampling.These agencies might opt for random or systematic sampling.
- On the other hand,opinion poll, sometimes simply referred to as a poll is a kind of voter behaviour survey which is conducted to find out the public opinion before voting takes place while an exit poll happens right after voting.
5 min read