- India’s External Affairs Minister will be visiting China ahead of the second informal summit between Indian Prime Minister and Chinese President in India in October,2019.
- The minister will hold talks with his Chinese counterpart on bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interest.
- The foreign minister will also co-chair the second meeting of the India-China High Level Mechanism(HLM) on cultural and people to people exchanges.
- The HLM was established during the first informal summit in Wuhan in April 2018.
- HLM aims to reflect the desire on both sides to build greater synergies in the people-to-people ties between the two countries through enhanced exchanges in areas such as tourism, art, films, media, culture and sports.
- The first informal summit between India and China was held in April last year in Wuhan,China after bilateral ties came under severe strain following a Doklam standoff.
1 min read