News: The first ever ‘BIMSTEC Ports’ Conclave’ will be held at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh on 7-8 November 2019.
About BIMSTEC Ports’ Conclave’:
- The conclave is expected to explore the possibility of increasing economic cooperation by furthering EXIM trade and coastal shipping.
- It will also discuss on various investment opportunities, best practices adopted for productivity and safety at Ports.
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is an international organization.
- It comprises of seven Member states lying in the littoral and adjacent areas of Bay of Bengal constituting a contiguous regional unity. The members include Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bhutan and Nepal.
- It was founded in 1997. It is headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- The objective of BIMSTEC alliance is to harness trade and accelerated growth with mutual cooperation in different areas of common interest by utilising the regional resources and geographical advantage