- Former Supreme Court judge has been appointed as the Member of the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal of London.He will serve a 4-year term as a Member of the Tribunal.
- Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT) functions under a Statute agreed by Commonwealth governments.It is based in London.
- CSAT hears applications brought by (a)staff of the Commonwealth Secretariat (b)Commonwealth Secretariat or (c)any person who is in contract with the Commonwealth Secretariat.
- The Tribunal entertains only such cases in which organisations agree to surrender to its jurisdiction.Further,the tribunal has a total of eight members comprising the President and 7 Members.
- The Tribunal’s Members are selected by the Commonwealth Governments.The members are appointed for a 4-year term.Their term can be renewed but only once.
- The Commonwealth of Nations(formerly the British Commonwealth), is also known as the Commonwealth.It is an intergovernmental organisation of 53 member states which were mostly ruled by the British Empire
5 min read