- The fourth anniversary of the Skill India Mission is being observed on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day.
- The United Nations had declared 15 July as World Youth Skills Day.This day is celebrated to promote youth skills development and abilities.
- The theme for World Youth Skills Day 2019 is ‘Learning to learn for life and work’.
- As per United Nations(UN),there are 1.2 billion young people aged between 15 to 24 years which accounts for 16% of the global population.
- National Skill Development Mission also known as Skill India Mission was launched in 2015.
- The mission envisages convergence, coordination and harmonization of the fragmented skilling efforts of various Ministries in Government of India and other key stakeholders.
- The mission is implemented through the instruments of Common norms, implementation of National Skills Qualification Framework and data integrations through the Skill India Portal.
1 min read