News:Government has appointed Soma Roy Burman as the new Controller General of Accounts(CGA).
About Controller General of Accounts(CGA):
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA) is the Principal Advisor on Accounting matters to the Union Government.
- It comes under the Department of Expenditure,Ministry of Finance.
- The Office of CGA prepares monthly and annual analysis of the expenditures, revenues, borrowings and various fiscal indicators for the Union Government.
- Under Article 150 of the Constitution, the Annual Appropriation Account (Civil) and Union Finance Accounts are submitted to Parliament on the advice of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
Functions of CGA:
- Responsible for establishing and managing a technically sound Management Accounting System
- Responsible for preparation and submission of the accounts of the Union Government
- Responsible for exchequer control and internal audits.
About Comptroller and Auditor General(CAG):
- The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India is a constitutional body established under Article 148 of the Constitution of India.
- The CAG is appointed by the President following a recommendation by the Prime Minister.
- CAG audits all receipts and expenditure of the Government of India and the state governments,including those of bodies and authorities substantially financed by the government.
- CAG is also the head of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department,the affairs of which are managed by officers of Indian Audit and Accounts Service.