News:Union Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister has unveiled plans to set up 14 authorize World Skills India Training Centres across 9 cities in the country for media and entertainment sector.
About the skill training Centres:
- The new institutes will be set up for advanced skill training of candidates in media and entertainment sector.
- The training centres will be set up in partnership with the MESC (Media & Entertainment Skill Council).
- The institutes seeks to encourage more youth to get skilled and not just participate in competitions such as World Skills but come back with a medal in such competitions.
- Further,these institutes also aims to develop the skilling eco-system for training candidates for the international market.
- The cities include Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Indore, Mumbai, Pune, Shillong and Trivandrum.
About World skills:
- The WorldSkills International Competition is a biennial event and the biggest showcase of skills excellence in the world.It is conducted by the WorldSkills International.
- The objective of the competition is to demonstrate the advantages of learning a vocational skill and encouraging ‘parity of esteem’ between vocational and academic qualifications.
- Media & Entertainment Skills Council (MESC) was founded in 2012.
- It is a not for profit organisation registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- The Council has been promoted by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry(FICCI) with the financial support from National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC)