News: ‘TIGER TRIUMPH’ is scheduled on the Eastern seaboard from 13 to 21 Nov 19.
About Tiger Triumph
- It is the first India US joint Tri services Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise.
- The tri service drill is being organised under the aegis of the headquarters of the Integrated Defence Staff.
- The Exercise is aimed to developing interoperability for conducting HADR operations. HADR operations seek to provide immediate succour and relief to the disaster affected population.
Integrated Defence Staff (IDS):
- It is an organisation responsible for fostering coordination and enabling prioritisation across the different branches of the Indian Armed Forces.
- It is composed of representatives from the Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Ministry of External Affairs, Defence Research and Development Organisation, Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Finance.
- It is headed by Chief of Integrated Defence Staff along with Deputy Chiefs of Integrated Defence Staff.
- IDS advises and assists the chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee.
- It was established in 2001 after the recommendations of the Kargil Review Committee and is located at New Delhi.