- The government has made it mandatory for children above four years to wear protective headgear of prescribed standards while travelling on a motorcycle.
- The safety measures for the children travelling on motorcycles have been included in the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act 2019.
- The amendment Act has made protective headgear compulsory for every persons above the age of four driving/ riding or being carried in a motorbike. Only Sikhs wearing turban have been exempted.
- Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Act, 2019 amends the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- It seeks to improve road safety through multifold increase in penalties for traffic violations. It also aims to streamline the licensing and road permit process.
1 min read