- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has issued an advisory regarding carrying of news and current affairs content on TV channels.
- The advisory states that in accordance with the Policy Guidelines for Uplinking of Television Channels From India,2011,I&B Ministry will give permission for uplinking of TV channels under two categories:
- Non-News & Current Affairs Channel: A Non-News & Current Affairs TV channel means a channel which does not have any element of news and current affairs in its programme content.
- News & Current Affairs Channel: A News & Current Affairs TV channel means a channel which has any element of news and current affairs in its programme content.
- Further,the advisory says that news channels are mandated to carry news and current affairs content while Non-News and Current Affairs channels are not mandated to carry any news and current affairs content.
- Besides,at the time of applying for a Non-News TV channel,the applicant company should give an undertaking that the proposed channel is purely an entertainment channel and does not have any news or current affairs based programme.
- The communication going from a satellite to ground is called downlink and when it is going from ground to a satellite it is called uplink.When an uplink is being received by the spacecraft at the same time a downlink is being received by Earth,the communication is called two-way.
Please follow and like us: