- Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) Professor Balram Bhargava has been awarded the 2019 Dr Lee Jong-wook Memorial Prize for Public Health at the 72nd World Health Assembly in Geneva.
- He bagged the award for his achievements as a clinician, innovator, researcher and trainer.
- The Dr Lee Jong-wook Memorial Prize for Public Health was established in 2008.It is awarded to individuals, institutions, and governmental or nongovernmental organizations who have made an outstanding contribution to public health.
- The prize is awarded once a year and consists of a plaque from the Founder and a sum of money which will not exceed US$ 100,000.It is presented at a special ceremony during the World Health Assembly.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is the apex and premier medical research organization in the country which spearheads planning, formulation, coordination, implementation and promotion of biomedical research. It is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.It works under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Please follow and like us: