News:The India Myanmar Naval Exercise called IMNEX-2019 is being organised in Visakhapatnam from 19 to 22 October.
About the exercise:
- IMNEX is a bilateral annual naval exercise between India and Myanmar.
- The first edition of the exercise was held in 2018.
- The joint exercise will encompass a variety of operations including anti-air and surface firing exercises, flying exercises using integral helicopter and seamanship evolutions at sea.
The exercise will consist of two phases:
- The harbour phase will include visits to Indian Naval units, training and maintenance facility at Visakhapatnam.
- The sea phase of the exercise includes Indian Navy’s INS Kuthar and INS Ranvijay carrying out a joint exercise with Myanmar ships UMS Tabinshwehti in the Bay of Bengal.
Other exercises between India and Myanmar:
- IMBAX- It is a bilateral army exercise between India and Myanmar.