- The “Find the Incredible You” campaign (Incredible India) of the Tourism Ministry, has won the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Award, 2019. The award was won under the “Marketing – Primary Government Destination” category.
- As part of its promotional initiatives annually, the Ministry of Tourism releases global media campaigns under the ‘Incredible India’ brand line.
- The ‘Incredible India 2.0’ was launched in September 2017. The campaign focusses on digital and social media and the promotion of niche tourism products of the country.
- As part of the 2.0 campaign, five new television commercials were produced by the ministry, which were aired globally on television and social media.
- These are – Yoga – “The Yogi of the Racetrack”, Wellness – “The Reincarnation of Mr. and Mrs. Jones”, Luxury – “The Maharani of Manhattan”, Cuisine – “The Masala MasterChef” and Wildlife – “The Sanctuary in Paris”.
- The campaign strategy was to shift the focus from the external experience of tourist destinations to the internal experience of travellers themselves.
- The transformative experiences was brought out in form of films in the format of autobiographies of travellers, with the tagline “Find the Incredible You”.
- PATA Gold Awards are given to tourism industry organizations and individuals making outstanding contribution towards the successful promotion of the travel industry throughout the Asia Pacific Region.
2 min read