- Indian Prime Minister is on a visit to Bhutan.During his visit,he held talks with Bhutanese PM to further expand the bilateral partnership.
- Prime Minister has inaugurated the Mangdechhu hydroelectric power plant.Most of the electricity generated by it will meet the energy requirements of Bhutan and the surplus electricity will be exported to India.
- He has launched the RuPay Card in Bhutan by making a purchase at Simtokha Dzong.
- Simtokha Dzong was built in 1629 by Shabdrung Namgyal which functions as a monastic and administrative centre and is one of the oldest dzongs in Bhutan.
- India also announced an additional $100 million will be available to Bhutan under the SAARC currency swap framework to meet the foreign exchange requirement.
- Indian Prime Minister has also inaugurated the Ground Earth Station of the South Asian Satellite(SAS) constructed with the support of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- The two countries have also agreed to collaborate on the joint development of a small satellite for Bhutan and form a joint working group to implement the project and other related activities.
- Further,the two countries have also signed 10 MoUs in the fields of space research, aviation, IT, power and education.
2 min read