News:India and Russia are expected to conclude the Agreement on Reciprocal Logistics Support(ARLS).
About Agreement on Reciprocal Logistics Support(ARLS):
- The Agreement on Reciprocal Logistics Support(ARLS) is a proposed Military Logistics Support Agreement(MLSA) between India and Russia.
- The agreement aims to simplify interoperability and enable military platforms to receive support and supplies across bases in both nations.
- The logistics agreement will be beneficial to the Indian Navy as warships will get access to mutual ports and exclusive economic zones to refuel and pick up supplies.
- On the other hand,Russia can also use ports like Mumbai and Visakhapatnam.Besides ports, Russia would also be able to access airbases.
About Logistics agreement:
- Logistics agreements are administrative arrangements facilitating access to each other’s military facilities for fuels and services between countries.
- Since 2016,India has signed militarily logistics sharing agreements with the US, France, Oman, and Singapore.
- India is looking to conclude three Military Logistics Support Agreements (MLSA) by the year-end with Japan, Russia and Australia.