News:Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for Agreement on Science and Technology Cooperation between India and the United States.
Features of the agreement:
- India and the United States will share scientific and technical information and experts.
- The agreement would also enable cooperation between the countries in training the scientists and experts according to the requirements.
- They will also conduct cooperative research projects and seminars.
- The countries will also establish science and innovation-based public-private partnerships.
- Use of advance research facilities by both the countries.
Significance of the agreement:
- The agreement will open a new chapter in bilateral relations as both sides will leverage complementary strengths in science and technology.
- It would also provide an opportunity to promote quality research and innovation partnerships as well as expand the relationships between the extensive scientific and technological communities.
- The agreement will also provide opportunities to promote high impact innovative partnerships.