News:Vice President of India has addressed the Governing Body of Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) in New Delhi.
- Indian Council of World Affairs(ICWA) was established in 1943 by a group of Indian intellectuals as think tank.
- It was established as a non-official, non-political and non-profit organisation under Registration of Societies Act 1860.
- The founder-president of the Council was Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru.
- It was declared as an institution of national importance by Indian Council of World Affairs(ICWA),2001 enacted by Parliament.
- The Vice President of India is the ex-officio President of ICWA.
- ICWA is devoted exclusively for the study of international relations and foreign affairs.