- Indians on H-1B visas has held a rally outside the White House, USA on the issue of Green Card and H4 visa.
- Their demands were a) the Green Card backlog be cleared with a period of 1-5 years and b) removal of country caps for Green Card allotments and c) grant of Green Cards to H4 children so that they can stay in the U.S. after they turn 21.
- The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows US companies to employ foreign workers in occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise.Dependents of H-1B visa holders get H-4 visas.
- Green Card is an identification card which gives one the status of a permanent resident along with legal rights to work in USA.
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals(DACA) is a policy that protects eligible immigrant youth who came to the United States when they were children from deportation.
2 min read