News:The Development Partnership Administration Division of the External Affairs Ministry is celebrating the 55th Anniversary of India’s flagship capacity building programme – Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation(ITEC).
About ITEC programme:
- The Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation(ITEC) Programme was instituted in 1964 as a bilateral programme of assistance of the Government of India.
- The Division of Development Partnership Administration (DPA) in the Ministry of External Affairs is the nodal division for handling all capacity building programmes.
- The ITEC Programme is fully funded by the Government of India.
- The Programme is essentially bilateral in nature.However, in recent years, ITEC resources have also been used for cooperation programmes conceived in regional and inter-regional context.
Components of ITEC:
- Training (civilian and defence) in India of nominees from ITEC partner countries;
- Projects and project related activities such as feasibility studies and consultancy services;
- Deputation of Indian experts abroad;
- Study Tours;
- Gifts/Donations of equipment at the request of ITEC partner countries; and
- Aid for Disaster Relief.