- The Ministry of Micro,Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) is implementing International Cooperation(IC) Scheme.
- The objectives of the scheme are (a)technology infusion and upgradation of Indian MSMEs (b)modernisation of MSMEs and (c)promotion of the exports of MSMEs.
- The scheme can be availed by (a)Central or State Government Organisations (b)Enterprise of Industry Associations and (c)registered societies or Trusts and Organisations which are associated with promoting and developing MSME.
- The Scheme supports MSMEs by (a)way of participation in international events for exploring export opportunities (b)access to international business networks (c)technology upgradation/modernization (d)improved competitiveness and (e)awareness of better manufacturing practices etc.
- The MSMEs are small sized entities defined in terms of their size of investment.The MSMEs are classified in terms of investment made in plant and machinery if they are operating in the manufacturing sector and investment in equipment for service sector companies.
- However,MSME (Amendment) Bill,2018 which has not been passed yet proposes a uniform classification for all MSMEs.Under the Bill,all MSMEs whether they are manufacturing or service-providing enterprises will be classified on the basis of their annual turnover.
2 min read