News:India will host the 91st Interpol General Assembly in 2022 after its proposal received support of member countries.
- Interpol is the shorter and better known name of the International Criminal Police Organization.The agency was established in 1923.
- It is a network comprising 192 member nations including India.It is headquartered at Lyon,France.
- Interpol aims to help police in all its member countries to work together to make the world a safer place.
- It enables police forces from different countries to share and access data on crimes and criminals and offers a range of technical and operational support.
Interpol General Assembly:
- The General Assembly is Interpol’s supreme governing body, and comprises representatives from all its member countries.
- The General Assembly meets annually for a session to vote on activities and policy.
- The General Assembly’s decisions take the form of Resolutions.Each member country has one vote.Decisions are made either by a simple or a two-thirds majority depending on the subject matter.
Notices by Interpol:
- INTERPOL Notices are international requests for cooperation or alerts allowing police in member countries to share critical crime-related information.