- Jaipur Foot has signed an agreement with India Business Forum, Korea, for promoting research and development and transfer of technology on prosthetic limbs, bionic arms, 3-D printing-based flat foot solution and mobility solutions, between India and South Korea.
- The agreement comes in the backdrop of high-level bilateral summit meetings between the governments of India and South Korea. The meetings had focussed on promoting technology transfer and joint development activities between the two countries under the spirit of “Make in India” initiative.
- The new agreement would open avenues for the South Korean medical technology students to join on-the-spot prosthetic fitment camps of Jaipur Foot in various countries. It will also allow them participate in the certificate programmes offered by Jaipur Foot.
- Further, it would also create opportunities for overseas development assistance and grants from the South Korean government and donations from private institutions and corporations to India
- Jaipur Foot is the manufacturing arm of the parent body, Bhagwan Mahaveer Vikalang Sahayata Samiti (BMVSS). It’s famous for manufacturing the Jaipur Foot, also known as the Jaipur Leg- rubber-based prosthetic leg for people with below-knee amputations. Ram Chandra Sharma designed and developed it in 1968.Bhagwan Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti-BMVSS is a Jaipur-based non-profit organization founded in 1975.
6 min read